6/13/12

Waiting on Wednesday #11


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...

The SyndicateThe Syndicate by Shelena Shorts
Release Date: July 9th 2012
For centuries, the Petrescu family has been protecting society from a danger that moves among the population undetected. Eighteen-year-old Vasi Petrescu has never had a problem carrying out his duty, but, when ordered to eliminate an eighteen-year-old girl, he is immediately taken out of his comfort zone.

The Syndicate has never targeted a female before, yet somehow this one has ended up on more than one hit list. Vasi would like to find out why, but there may not be time.

Now, he'll have to decide whether or not to keep her alive even if it means going against his own family.

The action, mystery, and conspiracy in The Syndicate will take readers on an immersing journey in which decisions are not only life changing, but irreversible.



First of all, when I read the synopsis of this book, I felt like going "ooh" and "aah". I'm just dying to know what the "danger" is the Petrescu family protects society from. Please let it be some type of creature I've never, or at least rarely, heard of. Oh and that cover! Isn't it gorgeous? The guy on it kind of reminds me of Alex Pettyfer. And I like the tagline, very catchy. I've definitely got my eye on this one.

The Dark LightThe Dark Light by Sara Walsh
Mysterious lights have flickered above Crownsville for as long as Mia can remember. And as far as she’s concerned, that’s about the only interesting thing to happen in her small town.

That is, until Sol arrives. Mia’s not one to fall for just any guy, but she can’t get intense Sol—or the brilliant tattoo on his back—out of her mind.

Then Mia’s brother goes missing, and Mia’s convinced that Sol knows more than he’s sharing. But getting closer to Sol means reevaluating everything she once believed to be true. Because Sol’s not who Mia thought he was—and neither is she.








Doesn't this one sound interesting? OK, I'll admit, the first thing I noticed was the cover and I thought "Adult Romance Book". I mean LOOK at that cover. It just screams sensuality. But I love it. And I like the synopsis. There's a lot of mystery. And I like mystery.


10 comments:

  1. The Dark Light looks hot! I am also feature The Syndicate tonight!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I just love that cover. And all the mystery.
      Haha, great minds think alike :)

      Delete
  2. So many people waiting on syndicate this week, its on my TBR too! I'm really intrigued by The Dark Light! Can't wait for that one to come out either, I'm hearing so many good things!
    New follower here, Hiya!:)
    Stop by My WOW?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm not surprised. It sounds like a good book.

      Thanks for following me :D

      Delete
  3. The Dark Light sounds really awesome, and the cover is beautiful. The Syndicate sounds really awesome! Great picks! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just featured The Dark Light a few weeks ago and I really, really, really want to read it! The Syndicate is a popular pick this week, since I've seen it on a few blogs as their WoW pick and I have to say it sounds really intriguing!

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both really great books, love the covers. Here's my wow
    and check out my giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Syndicate looks good, great picks!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are great picks. I love going through these WOWs and finding new possibilities. - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Syndicate seems to be the top choice this week. Nice picks.

    Shortskie's WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...