5/2/12

Waiting on Wednesday #8


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...

Slated (Slated, #1)Slated by Teri Terry
Release Date: May 3rd 2012
Kyla’s memory has been erased,
her personality wiped blank, 
her memories lost for ever.

She’s been Slated.

The government claims she was a terrorist, and that they are giving her a second chance - as long as she plays by their rules. But echoes of the past whisper in Kyla’s mind. Someone is lying to her, and nothing is as it seems. Who can she trust in her search for the truth?










I feel like everyone and their dog knows about this book, but it's coming out tomorrow and I am dying to read it. So naturally I had to feature it. I think it sounds awesome. A girl who's memory gets wiped, because supposedly she was a terrorist? And there's even more going on? So mystery and intrigue? I am so there! This book screams " I am epic!". I really really hope that's the case. I LOVE the cover by the way, so dark and the girl's eyes are striking.

Every DayEvery Day by David Levithan
Release Date: August 28th 2012

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.
 

With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.


Now, this is something else. A guy who wakes up in a different person's body EVERY SINGLE DAY? This sounds both really cool and absolutely terrifying. I'm dying to know how it works. I hope it's explained well and that it's mindblowingly  (is this even a word?) interesting. Right now all I can think about is that movie Down to Earth, time travel and the cover of Tempest, since this cover reminds me of that one and that book is about time travel. ( I haven't read it yet, so don't quote me on that.)


So what do you think of my picks and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)


9 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Slated to finally be released tomorrow! Haven't had the chance to order my copy yet, but will probably do that this week. ^^ Great choice!
    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Great picks! Both new to me but both going on the TBR list! All your memories erased! Waking up in a different body every single day! OMG you could never have any real friends, job, or life of your own! I'm intrigued!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? That's why I think it's terrifying. But for people who are criminals or something, it would make the perfect getaway.

      Delete
  3. I remember as a kid there was a show just like that! And it sounds amazing! Added to my tbr list :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That's so cool! I wonder what it was called.

      Delete
  4. Great picks! They both sound interesting!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1993

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat picks, I haven't heard of either of these books before but the first one looks particularly good and I may give the other a try too.

    Here's my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both books sound really interesting. I can't wait to get my hands on those two. Great picks!
    Em
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this but the blurb sounds amazing. Thanks for putting this up.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...