5/16/12

Waiting on Wednesday #10


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
Release Date: June 12th 2012
For Darkness Shows the Stars
Generations ago, a genetic experiment gone wrong—the Reduction—decimated humanity, giving rise to a Luddite nobility who outlawed most technology.

Elliot North has always known her place in this world. Four years ago Elliot refused to run away with her childhood sweetheart, the servant Kai, choosing duty to her family’s estate over love. Since then the world has changed: a new class of Post-Reductionists is jumpstarting the wheel of progress, and Elliot’s estate is foundering, forcing her to rent land to the mysterious Cloud Fleet, a group of shipbuilders that includes renowned explorer Captain Malakai Wentforth—an almost unrecognizable Kai. And while Elliot wonders if this could be their second chance, Kai seems determined to show Elliot exactly what she gave up when she let him go.

But Elliot soon discovers her old friend carries a secret—one that could change their society . . . or bring it to its knees. And again, she’s faced with a choice: cling to what she’s been raised to believe, or cast her lot with the only boy she’s ever loved, even if she’s lost him forever.

Inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion, For Darkness Shows the Stars is a breathtaking romance about opening your mind to the future and your heart to the one person you know can break it. 

What stand out most to me from this book are the mystery and feeling of lost love in the synopsis and the absolutely breathtaking cover and title. I know this is supposed to be inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion, which I have been wanting to read for the longest time. I remember watching The Lake House  and Persuasion was mentioned in it, how it's about waiting, waiting for love, not really being sure if the time is right or if the time, the chance to have that love has past. It just sounded so beautiful that I really wanted to read it then. And like I said, the synopsis of this book does hint at lost love and everything, the mystery, the lost love, the genetic experiment gone wrong, the cover and title, all of it just makes me want to read this book.

What to Expect When You're Expecting
Release Date: May 18th 2012
I know this post is supposed to be about books we're waiting on, but I couldn't help myself.
I'm dying to see this movie and I just realized that it comes out on May 18th!!! That's in two days!
I think I have already featured this trailer a few months ago, but hey, I'm sure a lot of you haven't seen it yet :)



And for those who have here's the second trailer...



So what do you think of my picks and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)



8 comments:

  1. I am dying to read For Darkness Shows the Stars. I love dystiopians and I like the idea of Elliot staying with her family but now she may have another chance with her first love. Sounds likea really interesting story.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much cover love for that book! I haven't read any of her other novels but I am excited for this one!

    YES! Can't wait for this movie, looks hilarious! Thanks for sharing!

    New Follower :)
    Claire Reads WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I adore the cover. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I ever get a Kindle, I would love this cover as a Kindle skin.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read her other series yet :$ But that movie looks so funny!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm dying to see it! And any movie with Cameron Diaz, Chris Rock and J. Lo has to be good.

      Delete
  4. Tho movie looks great and though I'm not a romance reader, I think the story has enough other elements that it's worth adding to the list!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. The movie, What to Expect When You're Expecting, looks so entertaining! I don't know if it is movie theatre worthy for me, but I will definitely watch it at some point.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...