4/18/12

Waiting on Wednesday #6


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...

Meant to BeMeant to Be by Lauren Morrill
Release Date: November 13th 2012

Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be.

*sigh Doesn't this just sound romantic? I've already got theories about who's sending Julia the texts and I haven't even started the book yet. That's a new record for me. I think this will be really sweet and fun. I can't wait to read it.
Wrecked
Wrecked by Anna Davies
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Secrets of the sea have never been sexier than this. Ever since the death of her parents, Miranda has lived on Whym Island, taking comfort in the local folklore, which claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and in its surrounding waters. Sometimes it’s just easier to believe things are out of your control. But then a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, and Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy who haunts her dreams. Consumed by guilt from the accident, she finds refuge in late-night swims—and meets Christian, a boy who seems eerily familiar, but who is full of mystery: He won’t tell her where he is from, or why they can only meet at the beach. But Miranda falls for him anyway…and discovers that Christian’s secrets, though meant to protect her, may bring her nothing but harm. Seductive and compelling, Wrecked brings a contemporary, paranormal twist to a classic enchanting tale.


I love any story having to do with merfolk. Well, actually I love the idea of merfolk but I haven't actually read any books about them after The Little Mermaid. I'm looking for that awesome story about them and this one sounds romantic and mysterious, providing it's actually about merpeople. I'm kind of jumping to conclusions here. Either way, this sounds like it will be a great, sweet, sexy and mysterious read :).

What do you think of my picks and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)



12 comments:

  1. Meant To Be looks really cute! I'm hoping Jason is the mysterious crush lol Wrecked is new to me but sounds like something I would like as well.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm hoping Jason is the secret admirer as well. Especially since he's helping Julia search. If it's him I'm hoping it will be romantic when everything unfolds :D

      Delete
  2. Mean to be looks cute and Wrecked looks awesome. First time I hear of it. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jennifer. Meant To Be looks so cute! I hope it's Jason as well, but at the same time I don't want it to be so totally obvious! Hehe. And the idea of a Merman is just so... different. It's exciting and new. Awesome picks!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I don't want it to be obvious. But the book might keep us guessing. But I already like Jason from the synopsis and I think the ending can be really great if he's the secret admirer, because he's helping hr look. She might not guess that it's him until the end.

      Delete
  4. Both these books look really amazing, but I mostly I'm excited for Meant To Be because the cover is so pretty! :)

    Your blog banner is so cute :D

    I'm a new follower !

    My WoW :
    http://nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14-splintered-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! :D

      And thanks for following!

      Delete
  5. Meant to be sounds so cute! I haven't heard of it before and now it's definitely going on my wish list! I also really like the cover :) Great picks this week! Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. dying to read wrecked! so excited!!

    check out my WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meant To Be sounds so cool! I just hope they won't use any words like fate or destiny in the book! LOL

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meant to Be looks like an awesome love story!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...