4/4/12

Waiting on Wednesday #5


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...
The Calling by Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: April 10th 2012
Maya and her friends--all of whom have supernatural powers--have been kidnapped after fleeing from a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set, and after a terrifying helicopter crash they find themselves pursued by evildoers in the Vancouver Island wilderness.

I’m simply hyperventilating over this book. Really, if I don’t get my hands on it soon I’m afraid for my health. I’ve already got a heart rate that’s too fast to be considered healthy, I’m restless, it’s just sad. I wonder if this is what withdrawal feels like :O.  But I don’t know what I expected. Kelley Armstrong’s books should be read when the entire series is released. In fact, the books should come with a warning or disclaimer or something. And you know what the worst part is? I haven’t even finished the first book in the series yet and I already know I'll crave the second book as soon as I'm done. It's just so awesome! I’m dragging it out for as long as I can. But seriously, how long can you drag out reading the last few pages of a book? Oh, and I love the cover! So, um, yeah, I am dying to read this! (Just in case you didn’t get that from my rant ;).)

And if you don't believe me, I took a picture. (OK, so clearly I didn't take a picture of myself, since I'm not a guy, but this picture sums up my state pretty well. Wait, you did know I'm a girl, right?)

Photobucket

So what do you think of my pick and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)



20 comments:

  1. Ha! I picked it, too! Great gif! *grin* If you add LinkyFollowers to your sidebar let me know so I can follow you, please? :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! Love the gif I think it sums it up pretty well! I am dying to know what will happen next!

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gif!!! I was planning on using that same one for my Immortal Rules review! LOL Sheldon is awesome! And I haven't actually read anything by this author but I've heard amazing things! I also hope you do end up reading Stolen and enjoy it. It's one of my favorite books. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love him, even though he's annoying. LOL. That's what makes him awesome! And you should read something by Kelley Armstrong. I loved the Clay&Elena books from the Women of the Otherworld series. They're very addictive characters, which makes for addictive books :)

      And I will read Stolen. It'll be one of the next books I read. I hope I love it as much as you do.

      Delete
  4. I'm actually reading The Gathering right now and, so far, I really, really like it! I expect I'm going to be all antsy for the second book, as well. Great pick!

    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Pick! I haven't read any YA novels by Kelley Armstrong yet but I love her Women of the Otherworld series. Thanks for stopping by my WoW post :D


    - Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read The Gathering, it's awesome!

      Delete
  6. Umm, yeah, I'm totally waiting this book to come out next week!!! Just can't hold it in!!! And the 10th can't come fast enough!

    I'm a new follower;)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read this series and more from this author. Great pick!

    My WWW/WoW post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you really should :D. I especially love the werewolf/ Clay&Elena books from the Women of the Otherworld series (They're also the only ones from that series I've read...shh...don't tell anyone ;))

      Delete
  8. Oh, you are so screwed when you finish The Calling and you have to wait for the next one! You'll be passed out on the floor :)

    Hey, besides adding Linky Followers, which is a cool way to show followers when GFC is gone (which talk is, Google will eventually say bye, bye), add an RSS feed so we can quickly add you to our Google Reader (or whatever reader we use). I use Feedburner but I'm no expert and I'm hating on Feedburner right now. I'm also moving to Wordpress shortly so maybe you should take someone else's advice... but definitely add an RSS feed button :) Oh, and turn off your captcha, you'll get more comments that way, too!

    Thanks for visiting me!!! Have a great rest of the week!!
    -Kristin @myparahangover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Passed out on the floor? The horror!

      Hmm I was afraid Google would get rid of GFC. I'm so sad for everyone who's lost their followers because they lost GFC on their blogs. I use Feedburner too, but I honestly didn't think of adding a button to my blog. Thanks for the advice!

      I have Captcha? Man, I hate that feature! I didn't know I had it. I figured it was something people intentionally turned on or something. I'll definitely remove that. I can't believe I've been putting everyone through that!

      Thanks for all your advice! You are awesome! :D

      Delete
  9. Very nice. New follower. I love seeing what people pick as their WOW choices.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book is really popular today lol. Good choice though.

    My WoW@Blood,Sweatandbooks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its my second time seeing this book... I guess people like the series. I haven't got a chance to read the first trilogy before this... so many books to read! Great pick!

    Please drop by @ my Waiting on Wednesday post here


    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read her first series, so I should probably read this series.

    My WoW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it when I'm that excited over a book. And LOVE your Sheldon pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...