4/28/12

Shelf Candy Saturday #4



Shelf Candy Saturday is a seriously awesome weekly meme hosted by Steph over at 

I love this meme, because I love art and it allows us to look closely at the stunning book cover art we adore and talk about the amazing designers behind these book covers.

So my pick for this week is...

Scent of a White Rose by Tish Thawer
Scent of a White Rose by Tish Thawer
stock photo by Marcus Ranum

A vampire's love... 

An innocent's guilt... 

A secret no one could've imagined... 

A paranormal romance that entices with a heroine that isn't quite what she seems, a vampire whose love story is filled with dark surprises, and a vampire clan whose Sire has lost the ability to inflict "the change". 

~ ROSE ~ 
I'm Rose Reynolds. I have recently lost my Mom in a "freak accident". 
Now everyone sees me as an innocent girl...a “white Rose”. 
But I have a secret that no one can imagine. 
I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks… 

~ CHRISTIAN ~ 
I'm Christian and I’m in love with Rose. I also have a secret as old as time. I’m a vampire. 
No, she doesn’t know…yet. 
But when our new Sire is revealed, I'll petition them to change her. 
Because truly, I can't live without her... 

*Please note: This book was previous labeled YA, but due to the age of the characters and content it has been relabeled PNR, but could still be considered MATURE YA.*

I love this cover. I think it's just so breathtakingly beautiful. The perfect balance of light and dark. The way the girl's eyes look silvery, almost like they're lit up from within. But my favorite part is the white rose and what I think is the scent wafting up from it, which is perfectly in keeping with the title and the synopsis. The rose is so big and beautiful. It almost looks like it's shining, standing out on the cover like a light in the dark. It's so simple yet absolutely beautiful. I also really like the tagline. It definitely makes me curious and excited to read this book. And I love the title. I adore uniquely beautiful titles (think "For Darkness Shows the Stars" and "The Art of Hearing Heartbeats) and I think this is one of them. Really, what's not to love?


The Designer

The cover designer is Regina Wamba of Mae I Design and Photography.
Regina Wamba is a professional graphic designer, web developer and photographer serving the Twin Cities of Minnesota. She lives in Farmington, MN, but her clients come from all over the state, including Minneapolis, St. Paul, the South Metro, and surrounding areas. She also has clients nationally and according to her website she can accommodate any project.

Now, based on what I've seen on her website, I completely believe her. This woman does everything! She does Web Design, Logo Design, Graphic Design and photography ranging from family portraits to head shots and Glamour shots. And don't even get me started on her book cover art, which I am absolutely in love with. As she writes on her website, she loves what she does, and I think her passion really does shine through in her work. I will definitely feature this designer again as I started out wanting to do the cover above, but when I saw all the cover art I almost posted each and every one of the ones I love. But I contained my excitement and kept it at one, because let's face it, a lot of her covers deserve their own spotlight, plus this would've been an insanely long post, because you know I'd have something to say about each and every one of the covers I'd posted.

You can find the designer here:
I also found this really cool video of  photo manipulation by Regina Wamba


I couldn't help myself. I love each and every one of the covers of this series. Yes it's a series! Isn't that just awesome? Anyway so I decided to post all the covers, because they are amazing!


See what I mean? I love all of them and I like how the covers match. They are all rose-themed and dark with hints of red and white.  Also, the ones on the left and in the middle really kind of say "vampire" in my opinion.  The rose on the cover on the right is really beautiful and unique, too.  Ugh, I just can't get over the beauty of these covers.

But what do you think? Do you like the covers as much as I do? Have you heard of this trilogy? Have you read book 1 and 1.5? 

I haven't read these books yet, but I plan on starting Scent of a White Rose soon. 

Leave your SCS link in the comments and I'll do my best to drop by your blog :)


7 comments:

  1. I have seen some amazing covers by Regina Wamba and this one is no exception. Just look at the detail in the rose, the smoke and the hand. Wonderful choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for featuring my covers, Kimberley! I know I'm biased, but I do love them too. Regina does fabulous work! She also designed my bookmarks which are totally beautiful as well! ~ Tish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I love the covers. And I'm hoping I'll like the books as well. I actually came across them in the YA Scavenger Hunt. I loved the love letters by Rose and Christian :D.

      And I checked out the bookmarks. They're so pretty! And the journals are cute.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What an unexpected surprise!!!

    Thank you so much for such a highlight!! Tish Thawers books are simply amazing!!

    They are must reads!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I love your covers! I'll definitely feature more of them in the future. I even love the mock covers. I really hope they end up on books, because they're shelf candy worthy. ;)

      And I definitely plan on reading Tish Thawer's books. They do sound awesome and I think I'll like them.

      Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...