4/9/12

Seeing Multiple? #1

Sunshines, you should know this. I love book covers! While I don't think they're necessary for me to pick up a book, because I usually do that based on the synopsis ( and I even managed to read a book based on the title alone once because it didn't have a cover, so no synopsis either and I loved it), I think we can all agree that they don't hurt the "picking up" process. The cover is basically one of the first impressions the book makes, besides the synopsis, the title and the author of the book.

But lately when I look at some book covers I feel like I'm seeing double...or multiple and I have to do a double take to make sure I saw right. What I mean is, a lot of covers are similar, they are either sporting the exact same art with a few changes here and there or the same model or the model on the cover is wearing the same dress. So I thought it would be fun to "shed some light on the subject" whenever I find two or more similar covers.



Sacrifice (Crave, #2)

Now, I adore both these covers. The cover of The Catastrophic History of You and Me definitely fits the synopsis. The girl looks like she's in heaven looking down on everything and everyone. I love the blue sky and clouds surrounding her and the purple tones of her dress and the title. I also love the font of the title.

The cover of Sacrifice is absolutely stunning. I love the trees and green tones in the background behind the girl.  And I absolutely love the sunlight right behind the top of her head, almost like a halo but not quite.  And the girl in front looking absolutely gorgeous, innocent and sweet just completes the image. I also love the tagline "Embrace The Darkness". I just think this cover is breathtaking.

Now, if you compare the two covers you'll notice the model in both of the covers is the same. Especially if you zoom in on the cover on the left. And it looks like the same picture was used originally and then edited, but I could be wrong about that.

 I really don't mind that they used the same model, because both covers are amazing and turned out completely different.

So what do you think, am I seeing multiple? Have you noticed the similarities between these two covers before?  Aren't the covers gorgeous?



6 comments:

  1. Yup it looks like the same girl doing almost the same look. I've found a lot of very similar covers. Goodreads even has a list for the couple on the cover of Existence. They are on the cover of over 35 books! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of similar covers as well, but sometimes I forget about them after I see them. And yeah, I saw that list a while ago. LOL, That couple is popular. I'll probably do a few of the covers with them on it too, but I won't do all of them. Can you imagine featuring all 35? I thought about it, though, because I've been thinking about doing this kind of post for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Similar indeed! However, it doesn't bother me really. (: Each book goes for a completely different look, so no prob with me. ^^

    Aleksandra @ Divine Secrets of a Little Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually doesn't really bother me either (I said so in my post ;)) but I think it's cool how they managed to do two completely different covers with what looks like the same picture of the model :).

      Delete
  4. Nice catch. It is clear that they are both the same photo of the model, but I don't think that I would have caught it. I agree that both covers are still very nice.
    - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen either of these covers but you're right it's definitely the same pose and same model. The similarities aren't as noticeable as some cover twins which is good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...