4/9/12

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles



Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)
Synopsis

A fresh, urban twist on the classic tale of star-crossed lovers.
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.  In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.



What I think
I started out hating this book and I ended up loving it.
At first I thought Brittany was pretentious and preppy and that the story was fake and possibly predictable.I hated Brittany for acting the way she did, for being an idiot by trying to be a stereoptypical barbie doll when that wasn't her.

And I thought Alex was a fake gangster. I read a few bad reviews on this book and I could relate.

But then I got into the book and realized the story is quite good (dramatic but still) if you give it a chance. The story might be a cliche and the characters stereotypical but the emotions and problems are real and raw and relatable even for those who don't fit the stereotypes.

I especially loved the ending, it was beautiful and carried a timeless message that came through
loud and clear: That life is what you make it, that anyone can make a difference. That sterotypes can be overcome and that in the end what others think doesn't matter, because it's your life and if you're happy with the choices you've made and the life you've created for yourself, that's all that matters. 

3,5 Smileys



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...