4/22/12

Daily (or not-so-daily) Discovery #3

Saving Hope!!!
I've been waiting for this series forever! Well, actually I've been preaching to the masses that Erica Durance should have her own TV show ever since Smallville ended and someone must've finally heard me. Cause it's here! Well, almost. And I'm dying to see it! You just know it's gonna be awesome. Because, come on, Lois, Hawkman and Elijah, the heart breaking ripping vampire, must make a formidable team.



The Raven!
This...this...if the rest of the movie is anything like the trailer, I will love it! Doesn't it look like it'll just be riveting? Now, I haven't read anything by Edgar Allen Poe, but I've heard of him. I mean, who hasn't. And now I have every intention of reading something by him.



And I just had to do this. I've been rediscovering the music from some of the Indian movies I remember
loving. So I give you some of Bollywood's best (in no particular order).

Dhoom 2
I loved this movie! I think I've seen it two times. It's about a thief and kind of a con artist who...wait. OK, so all I know is that he steals valuable artifacts from heavily guarded places requested by clients who pay him well. The con artist part was my favorite. It's amazing how he worked. After watching this movie and Heartbreakers I was seriously considering conning as a career path. In case you don't know what a con artist is click here. Oh, and that sexy dude in the video, that's Hritik Roshan. *cough That is all ;).



Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
This is a really nice, sweet and a little bit sad movie. I grew up with this movie. I've seen it so many times, to me, it's practically a classic. It's about a guy, Rahul and a girl, Anjali who have been best friends forever. And Anjali is secretly in love with Rahul, but she's kind of a tomboy and I'm not sure he knows. And he's kind of a player. But then a new girl, Tina, I think her name is,  transfers to their school and Rahul falls deeply in love with her. But that's just the beginning. All I can say is, it's romantic. I secretly think this is the movie that made running in fields famous and romantic and basically a standard in every Indian movie, but that's just my opinion. I think Kuch Kuch Hota Hai means "Something Happens". This video stars Kajol (Anjali), Shah Rukh Khan (Rahul) and Rani Mukherji (Tina) who is actually Kajol's cousin in real life.




Salaam Namaste
This is a movie about two successful people, at least the girl is a successful talk show host, I think. Anyway, they start dating and kind of fall in love with each other, but then the girl, Ambar, gets pregnant. And that's when the trouble starts. They end up living together but things don't go as planned. This video is of Ambar's pregnancy cravings kicking in, so she leaves the house and the guy follows her and asks her what's going on. I love her ducky and his superman pajamas, totally cute and appropriate for the song in my opinion :D.



Neal 'N' Nikki
This one's about Neal, a guy who's supposed to get married in a month, to a girl his parents picked out. But before he does that he wants to have some fun and asks his parents for permission, basically. So he meets different girls and then he somehow comes across Nikki. And they can't stand each other...or can they?
The videos star Tanisha (Nikki), Kajol's little sister. (Yes, the Kajol from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai).






There's at least one other song from this movie I love, but I decided to keep it at two.

You'll notice that the same faces return in the different movies and that a lot of them are related to each other. For instance, the guy at the end of the clip, asking the girl to leave with him, is Abishek Bachchan, a popular Bollywood actor, who is the son of Amitabh Bachchan, also a very popular Bollywood actor. Abishek also happens to be married to Aishwarya Rai, a Bollywood beauty and actress, who you can see before you click play on the Dhoom 2 video. She isn't actually in the clip, but she is in the movie.
Shah Rukh Khan, Rani Mukherji and Kajol are also very popular Bollywood actors, at least, they were, when I was into Bollywood movies. There's also Kareena Kapoor and Rekha, a (now) older but also popular Bollywood actress.

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham


Once again, Hritik Roshan and ah, there's Kareena Kapoor. I was wondering when she'd turn up. You can't miss her, clad in red.

When I was young, one of our TV stations would have a mini playback show (I'm not sure if they still do), which I would watch every year. The judges would be dressed as music icons and act like it for the night and the contestants (under 13) would dance and "sing" to a song they (or their parents) picked out. One year, a boy and a girl did this song. It was amazing and they won! I loved this song even more after that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...