4/2/12

Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young


Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1)
Synopsis
Eden is a Soul Eater. While that hasn’t meant much to her in the past, she’s pretty sure any minute now she’s going to go all "Carrie" on her eleventh grade class. 

Noah is an Ankh. As an immortal Warrior, his purpose in life is to hunt down and kill Soul Eaters. 

Eden is Noah’s next assignment. Problem is… this is an assignment with a difference. Eden’s not your average, run of the mill, Soul Eater. Noah’s job? To test Eden for possible redemption. 
 
It’s a risky business. 

Especially if Noah awakens Eden’s inner monster. 

It would be kind of hard for Eden to listen to the angel on her shoulder when the devil on the other is telling her, her new best friend is a lying, scheming, immortal enemy... 

....betrayal is such a bitch. 

So is Eden when you get on her bad side. 

YA Paranormal Fiction for mature teens+ (some content may not be suitable for younger readers)

What if sustaining your life meant ruining someone else's, hurting the most sacred, valuable part of them? What if your existence depended on it? Could you do it? Or rather would you?

What I think
Blood Will Tell was all kinds of interesting.

It was original,disturbing and yet endearing. It creeped me out and terrified me because along with a lot of other paranormal books, it paints a sad picture of how easily humans can be overpowered, mind, body and apparently soul. And there is some truth in that.

But at the same time I couldn't help but love the story and the characters Eden and Stellan. Their relationship was so real and Stellan's love for his sister (teasingly called Paradise by him) was so human, even though neither of them were.

Eden was by no means an angel. She could actually be pretty mean. It probably had something to do with her being a soul eater, a monster that becomes one in every sense of the word near the end of puberty. Because that's when the hunger is awakened, the unbearable need for souls.
But beneath all that Eden was actually kind-hearted, sticking up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves.

Eden's life was a nightmare. Her pain was so apparent, being born into a life and a body that betrayed the kind of person she was on the inside. Even though she was born a monster, she didn't want to be one, fighting her nature with everything she had.

And that's why I loved Stellan. It was so obvious that he loved Eden. He was the only one who realized that she couldn't deal with the life of a soul eater so he protected her from it and everything associated with it as much as he could. It was so sweet and it made him seem even more human.

And then there was Noah, an Ankh trained to hate and kill soul eaters, sent to test Eden's humanity and restraint as a soul eater.
All I can say is that it worked. His friendship with Eden worked.
Although I didn't agree with how he handled things, he meant well.

I liked the ending although it's apparent that this book is part of a series, not because the ending was bad but because the book pretty much ended with a cliffhanger.

The gist
I really liked this book. It was like nothing I've ever read before, both because of the unique storyline and in the way it was written. Even though English isn't my first language,I think I must've gotten used to the American terms and their way of writing, because I felt that this was a little different, probably because the author is British. But either way, I loved it and I'm definitely going to read the next book.

4 Smileys

.

1 comment:

  1. First I have to say that Samantha Young is easily becoming one of those authors that I buy without reading the reviews or even the book descriptions. I have read all her books but one and Blood Will Tell definitely did not disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...