3/28/12

Waiting on Wednesday #4



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...

Dangerous Boy by Mandy Hubbard
Release Date: August 30th 2012
Harper’s new boyfriend Logan Townsend is everything she never knew she always wanted—tall, muscular, with tousled brown hair that falls effortlessly around his face. But what’s most exciting about Logan is that he’s exhilaratingly dangerous, and dating him allows Harper to say, “buh bye” to her good-girl past and “hello” to newfound adventure.

There’s only one problem with Harper’s otherwise heart-stopping romance: Logan’s twin brother Daemon. Harper knows he’s a bad seed, but she tries to look past his dark, icy stare and his chilling demeanor. After all, he and Logan are a package deal.

Then cow bones start appearing in people’s mailboxes, a flock of birds show up dead, and all of the cars in the senior parking lot are given flat tires—and covered with blood-red handprints. Logan insists that Daemon isn’t involved—sure, he’s had some trouble in the past, but they moved to Harper’s quiet northwest Washington town so that they could both start over.

Harper desperately wants to believe Logan, but the more he tries to protect his brother, the more she wonders what she isn’t being told. Now, Harper must unearth the hidden secrets of the mysterious Townsend brothers’ history if she and Logan are to have any hope of a future. But learning what brought Logan and Daemon to town won’t put just her heart in jeopardy... She’s playing with her life.

Doesn't this book sound absolutely amazing? I might be drooling on my keyboard ;).  I'm dying to know what's going on with Logan's brother. And his name is Daemon! In my experience Da(e)mons are always sexy, interesting characters with a hint (okay, a heap) of bad boy. Something tells me that there's more to Daemon then meets the eye. (I actually have an entire theory worked out so I can't wait to find out if I'm right). Plus, I loved Ripple by Mandy Hubbard so the fact that this book is written by her is an added bonus.   



Butter
Butter by Erin Jade Lange
Release Date: September 18th 2012


A boy everyone calls “Butter” is about to make Scottsdale High history. He’s going to eat himself to death live on the Internet – and everyone will watch.

He announces his deadly plan to an army of peers and expects pity, insults or even indifference. Instead, he finds morbid encouragement. When that encouragement tips the scales into popularity, Butter has a reason to live. But if he doesn’t go through with his plan, he’ll lose everything.










This is what my face looked liked after I read the synopsis :O. Any book that makes me do that just from the synopsis will inevitably end up on my TBR pile. That is all.


What do you think of my picks and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)






17 comments:

  1. Butter sounds INCREDIBLY dark...like I'm almost afraid to read it hahah!! I'm going to read it anyway lol.

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? But that's why I want to read it. I'm curious as to how the author will execute it. I hope it's good. And that it ends well.

      Delete
  2. I added Dangerous Boys just the other day. Totally can't wait for that=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://www.tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-pushing-limits-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these books sound great I really want to read them! Great picks!
    Here's my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read Dangerous Boy! I'm really curious what is going on with those brothers as well. Plus yes I'm sure they will be super hot. Butter sounds crazy! OMG! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books sound really intense. Great picks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh adding Dangerous Boy to my to-read list!
    Happy Wednesday :)

    The Muggle
    -Check out my Giveaway of Infinity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both sound soooo good! But Butter scares me a little :$ haha

    Check out my WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  8. New Follower, I really love the sound of Dangerous Boy and it's definitely going on my wishlist, great pick, here's mine

    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting WOW you got.

    Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great book picks! Dangerous Boy sounds a little creepy but definitely intriguing, and I do remember reading the synopsis for Butter, what a crazy plot! I don't know, it sounds a bit disturbing to me though :/ I hope you enjoy both of these when they come out!!

    You can check out my WoW for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS~ I like your blog header! It's colorful and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Butter sounds sad and disgusting at the same time. I love the cover on the first book. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting picks and covers, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dangerous Boys sounds like a good read. Thank you for sharing it.
    - FABR Steph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both good choices and i haven't heard of either book before. Butter sounds morbid. Thanks for sharing if you want to see my pick click on my name to see mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...