3/21/12

Waiting on Wednesday #3



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...
Ironskin by Tina Connolly
Release Date: October 2nd 2012

Jane Eliot wears an iron mask. 

It's the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain -- the ironskin. 

Now Jane returns to the war-torn country to help a fey-cursed child. Helping the unruly Dorie suppress her curse is hard enough -- she certainly didn't expect to fall for the girl's father, the enigmatic artist Mr. Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio -- and come out as beautiful as the fey. 

Jane knows he cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things are true? Step by step Jane must unlock the secrets of her new life -- and discover just how far she will go to become whole again.

Ironskin (Ironskin, #1) 

OK, before I explain, I'll give you a second to stare at the awesomeness that is this cover.
...
Have you seen it? Are you sure? Need another moment to look again? Yes? No?

So, isn't the cover just gorgeous? The first thing I thought about when I saw the cover was the movie “The Man in the Iron Mask” and I loved that movie. But apart from that, this sounds amazing, like it will have an interesting combination of the paranormal, romance and mystery. 
I can’t wait to read it! 

What do you think of my pick and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)



18 comments:

  1. haha, yeah, the cover is gorgeous! Can't wait to read this one. Sounds amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is gorgeous and I love faery books! It kind of reminds me of that Leonardo DiCaprio movie too! LOL Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a hundred times for this one! It looks so good, I'm already wondering who I can bribe to get an ARC of it. lol It stinks that it doesn't come out until October, waah. Love your pick (obviously).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL bribing people to get an ARC sounds like a good idea. I wonder if I could bribe people to ship an ARC internationally. Hmm... ;)

      Delete
  4. The cover for this one is stunning I love it! Thanks for dropping by my WoW :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh right, I didn't think about the movie, but you are right! the cover is incredible and I love Fairy stories so this one will be a must-read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover is gorgeous and the book sounds good as well.

    Thanks for stopping by!!!!

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same here! And hey, The Man in the Iron Mask was an awesome movie! I don't think I can wait until October for this book. I want to read it now!!! Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there :) just popping in...

    I'm also your newest follower :)

    Here is my choice...
    Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pick! I have to say that Wednesday is my favorite day because I find so many great books to add to my shelf. And this one will definitely be added! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this meme too. It's just a really great way to learn about new books, discover new blogs and get to know bloggers. (But that isn't enough to make it my favorite day. I think Thursday is my favorite day. You'll never guess why...it's the day The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle air. What can I say, they make a compelling case :).

      Delete
  10. This was my WoW pick a few weeks ago and waiting for it hasn't become easier since then - still dying to get my hands on a copy of it! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for dropping by ours. This looks interesting, is this the first in the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I think it'll be an interesting series :).

      Delete
  12. Great pick! I love this cover!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, nice. I hadn't heard of this one before. I love the cover.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds great! I haven't heard of this one, but now it's on my tbr. :) The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis is fantastic. Fabulous choice, Kimberley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, YES! It's extremely gorgeous and it sounds SERIOUSLY awesome. I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy and dig in. Wanttttt. o: Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...