3/14/12

Waiting on Wednesday #2



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
It gives us the chance to talk about not-yet-released books that we're dying to read.
This week I'm waiting on...

My Heart Be Damned
My Heart Be Damned by Chanelle Gray
Release Date: July 15th 2012
If you're a Hunter, there are only three things you must know about the Damned. The Damned can't lie, can't live without a body, and can't leave you alone. 

Amerie Carter has the blood of a Hunter, unfortunately. She is one of a rare line of women who, upon her sixteenth birthday, will come into extraordinary powers used to hunt the Damned; escaped souls from Hell who take up residence in human bodies. It's supposed to be her sweet sixteen, but Amerie has never dreaded a day more, and her worst fears are confirmed as the celebration turns tragic when her mother is killed. 

Grief-stricken, Amerie vows to never hunt a day in her life. She's determined to hide behind normalcy, attending school, hanging out with her friends and working an after-school job at The Hut. All Amerie wants is to be left alone. But try telling the Damned that. The harder Amerie tries to ignore her powers, the more the Damned come looking for her. 

When an attack leaves one of Amerie's friends in the hospital, and endangers the lives of her fellow students, she knows she has no choice: Hunt or Be Hunted. Thankfully, the gorgeous, secretive, and so-off-limits Marshall offers to train Amerie to take out her supernatural enemies. But training with Marshall means leading lying to her friends, her family, and confronting the mysterious circumstances surrounding her mother’s death. 

Amerie soon discovers she’s not the only one with something to hide, Marshall's secrets might kill her before the Damned get the chance. 

This sounds so awesome! I see action, action and more action in my future with this book. And romance! I really hope there’s romance. I just can't wait to get my hands on this one.


Time Between UsTime Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone
Release Date: October 9th 2012
Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett’s unique ability to travel through time and space brings him into Anna’s life, and with him, a new world of adventure and possibility. 

As their relationship deepens, they face the reality that time might knock Bennett back where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate—and what consequences they can bear in order to stay together. 

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, TIME BETWEEN US is a stunning and spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new talent in YA. 





I love anything that has to do with time-travel. It's just so intriguing. I mean what if it was possible? And I’m just dying to know if Bennett and Anna will be able to stay together. This sounds so romantic. *sigh

What do you think of my picks and what are you waiting on this week?
Leave me your link and I'll do my best to check it out :)



12 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interested in Time Between Us. I enjoy time travel books a lot although they usually have sad ending and I like a nice HEA. My Heart Be Damned is new to be but sounds very different and intriguing. Thanks for sharing and stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read Tempus. I loved that one (It's also a time-travel book). And it doesn't really have a sad ending, but it is part of a series so that could change when the second book comes out. :)

      Delete
  2. My Heart Be Damned is already on my TBR pile I'm glad you picked it!!
    I love time travel books so I've added Time Between Us to my list!
    Great Picks! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I don't normally like Time Travel (with the sole exception of Time Traveler's Wife), I've seen Time Between Us around and have to admit I'm intrigued to know what happens. And I've never heard of My Heart Be Damned, but it sounds good - added to my TBR list, thanks for sharing!

    And thanks for stopping by my WoW :)
    Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! And I can't wait to read My Heart Be Damned! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TIME BETWEEN US sounds like a realy intriguing read and while I might wait for a few reviews first, I can definitely imagine reading it as well. :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to both of these as well. I haven't read anything involving time travel, so Time Between Us should be interesting.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound amazing I'm looking forward to them too!! Great picks!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Heart be Damned sounds pretty good. Will have to remember the title.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE time travel, too, so I'm totally psyched about Time Between Us! And My Heart be Damned sounds interesting! Great picks! And thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the first time I'm seeing both of these. I hope you get to read them soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks, I haven't heard of them but added them to my list. Thanks for stopping by!
    Shellie @ Creative Reads c

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...