3/7/12

Waiting on Wednesday #1


This is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine

This week I'm waiting on...

Unrest by Michelle Harrison

Unrest
(clicking on the image of the book will take you to Goodreads)

Seventeen-year-old Elliott hasn’t slept properly for months. Not since the accident that nearly killed him. Sometimes he half-wakes, paralysed, while shadowy figures move around him. Other times he is the one moving around, while his body lies asleep on the bed. His doctors say sleep paralysis and out of body experiences are harmless - but to Elliott they’re terrifying. 

Convinced that his brush with death has attracted the spirit world, Elliott secures a job at a reputedly haunted museum, determined to discover the truth. There, he meets the enigmatic Ophelia. But, as she and Elliott grow closer, Elliott draws new attention from the dead. One night, during an out of body experience, Elliott returns to bed to find his body gone. Something is occupying it, something dead that wants to live again . . . and it wants Ophelia, too . . . 

This will be released on April 26 2012 in e-book format and paperback format in the UK. 
Sadly there's no release date yet for a hard copy version in the US.

Why am I dying to read it?

I'm hoping it'll have everything I expect from a paranormal book. It contains some kind of astral projection (out of body experience), think Prue on the TV show Charmed (which I
think is awesome). And the protagonist loses his body, as in it's gone! That's so cool! (Well not for him, I'm sure.) And I'm guessing he'll have to look for it. I'm also guessing that whoever took over his body won't willingly hand it back to him. So how will he get it back? I want to know! Preferably now, but I'll take April. I also expect romance, since  a girl, Ophelia, is mentioned. I'm actually bouncing in my chair while writing this. If you love thriller and horror as much as I do, I think you'll be just as excited about this as I am.
 Ooh, ooh and it reminds me of that movie Insidious. I only saw bits and pieces of it because I was watching that TV show Revenge, but what I saw creeped me out. 
Which I love! 

So, what do you think of my pick?
Leave Your WoW link and I'll check out your post.

5 comments:

  1. i love the fiery lookin cover!!!

    stop by my post? I'm hosting an exclusive cover reveal for a fall 2012 YA from Paper Lantern Lit and Philomel/Penguin!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/exclusive-cover-reveal-venom-by-fiona.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I love it, too! It's so smoky and spooky. It seems totally in sync with the theme of the book.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard about this book but it sounds really promising. And I love the cover too. This book seems different and I hope you won't be disappointed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I really do have high hopes for this one. You never know, maybe it'll exceed my expectations :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh does this sound creepy! I don't like horror so I probably won't be reading it, but I'll be on the lookout for people's opinion on this :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...