3/7/12

Story time: Cheating In Your Dreams?

I recently finished an interesting book and it got me to thinking. What if you dreamt with a cute, hot and sweet guy/girl every single night? You’d go out to dinner with him/her, take long walks on the beach and eventually make love. And then you’d wake up to start the day with your husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend (who’s not the same guy/girl from your dreams, by the way).  Would you call that cheating?

Also, what if you could control your dream, what you dream and how you dream it? Would it be adultery then?

I’ve been going over this in my mind for a while and I need help.

On the one hand I think that it’s just a dream. Dreams don’t mean anything, right? You can’t control your dreams, right?

On the other hand, I think that if it was the same guy in my dreams every night, eventually I would probably feel something for the guy. I might want the day to be over as fast as possible just so I could dream about my dream guy. And I think that’s where the trouble starts.

And if I remember correctly, according to that documentary The Secret, your brain can’t differentiate between thinking about doing something and actually doing it. So if you’re going through the motions in your mind, it’s almost like you’re actually doing it, even if you’re not.

And then there’s lucid dreaming. You know how we usually don’t realize we’re dreaming until we wake up? I remember reading an article that stated that sometimes you can realize you’re dreaming while in the dream. And once you realize that you’re dreaming, you can control the dream. (Now that I think about it, I would love to read a YA book about that). I wonder if it is true. If it is, that means you can control your dream and how you behave in it.

That brings me back to the original questions:

Is sleeping with a guy/girl in your dreams adultery, when the guy/girl is not your boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife?

I’m calling everyone and anyone to join in this discussion. It doesn’t matter if you’re not in a relationship. Everyone is welcome. Don’t be shy and share your opinion by leaving a comment. I would love to hear read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...