3/28/12

Anew by Chelsea Fine


Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)
Synopsis
Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice.   

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer. 

Upon meeting Tristan, Scarlet's world becomes even more muddled. While she's instinctively drawn to Gabriel, she's impossibly drawn to Tristan--and confused out of her mind. As she tries to piece together her history Scarlet realizes her past...might just be the death of her.



What I think:
Oh WOW, this book was amazing! Well, actually, the first half of the book was just great. And then the second half came and showed the first half how it was done. And the ending was fireworks basically.

I loved and hated the last few pages of this book. The whole thing just got frustrating, which in this case is a really good thing. It's the kind of frustration that causes you  to feel like throwing the book across the room and hugging it to your chest all in the same second. It's the kind of frustration caused by breathtaking, fast-paced moments laced with love, heartbreak, sadness and the tiniest amount of hope. It's these moments that I live for when reading books and that is what this book delivered in those last few pages.

I liked the characters. Scarlet was a sweet, simple and slightly pessimistic girl, but who can blame her after waking up in the woods with no memory of her life before that moment whatsoever.

 I loved Scarlet's friend Heather. She was so positive and upbeat and fiercely protective of Scarlet, always making sure she didn't lose her love of life. I also loved her passion for fashion.

Then there were Gabriel and Tristan.  I liked Gabriel but he kind of paled in comparison to Tristan. Why are  mysterious, obviously troubled guys with a sweet side so sexy? Really, why? But they are. Where Gabriel was  super sweet, honest, loyal and simple, Tristan was passionate, sexy with a hidden sweet side, kind of like those Mon Cherie chocolates. You know, the ones with chocolate on the outside and rum on the inside. Okay, you know you've got to stop talking about a guy if you start referring to him as chocolate. But the truth is, that's not the only reason I liked Tristan. I liked him because he was so selfless and amazing. Okay, so we're back to the gushing. But I really can't explain without spoiling it for you.

The gist:
This book was so many things. It was good, great and at times absolutely amazing and completely frustrating. I still have so many questions, but I really liked it and I can't wait for the next installment.



“Are you okay? You seem ...soggy." 
"Soggy?" 
"Yes." Heather nodded. "Like you're a depressed spaghetti noodle or something.”
……..
“Tristan was silent for a few moments, looking at the leaves before them. "Life isnt about the past and the future. Its about today." He paused. "Its about five minutes from now and two seconds ago. Its moments, you know? Not years. Years aren't what define us.” 
……..
“Sucking in air, Heather said, “Fluffy—Mrs. Allen’s ferocious dog—chased me all the way down Pine Street trying to tear me to shreds with his razor fangs. I barely got away.” 

Scarlet scrunched her face. “Isn’t Fluffy a Chihuahua?” 

Still panting, Heather said, “Yes. A demon-possessed, human-eating Chihuahua.” 



4 Smileys




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...