2/5/12

Story time: 2012, The Year of Books-to-Movies Adaptations?

You know what I realized while surfing the internet for good movies coming out this year? I realized that 2012 might actually be the year of the book-to-movie adaptations.

The amount of book-to movie-adaptations coming out this year is mind-blowing! Maybe it's just me but I never realized how many books are actually turned into movies. Am I right? Is this the year of the books-to-movies? Or have they always been this many and am I just now realizing it? I decided to make a list just so we can figure it out together (and maybe even stare awe-struck and open-mouthed at it).

*The titles link to Goodreads

1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close   

2. The Hunger Games
 The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)   

And here's a trailer I just had to post. Harvard Lampoon is releasing a book called The Hunger Pains: A Parody on February 7, which is, you guessed it, a parody of The Hunger Games. And this is the trailer that goes with it.



3. The Lucky One
The Lucky One

4. What to Expect When You're Expecting 
What to Expect When You're Expecting 

5. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn-Part 2
Breaking Dawn (Twilight, #4)
BreakingDawnPoster
 *fan-made
6. Life of Pi
Life of Pi

7. The Hobbit
The Hobbit   

8. The Great Gatsby
The Great Gatsby   

9. I, Alex Cross
I, Alex Cross (Alex Cross, #16)

11. The Mortal Instruments
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

12. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower

 So, there are at least 12 book-to-movie adaptations coming out in 2012. Some (like The Maze Runner) I left out because I wasn't sure whether they would actually be released in 2012. And I might have even forgotten a few.

So what do you think, is 2012 the year of the books-to-movies adaptation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...