1/3/12

Top 10 Debut Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is a really creative weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 

This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'm Excited to Read in 2012.

I decided to divide my books between this post and my Top 10 of 2011 post. The Top 10 of 2011 post has the 2012 non-debut books I'm excited about. This post has the Top 10 debut books I'm excited about.

1. The Alchemy of Forever by Avery Williams

Anything that has to with eternal life and past lives is a must-read for me. I think they're fascinating subjects. Plus the synopsis of this book makes me think of that movie Skeleton Key and I liked that movie.

2 .Undeadly by Michele Vail

Reapers? Where? Rachel Vincent got me hooked on the concept of reapers. I just have to read this book. It'll definitely be interesting to read about the reaper world from a girl's point of view. The fact that I'm now hooked on reapers aside, the synopsis sounds awesome.



3. Slide by Jill Hathaway

Can you imagine being able to slide into other people's minds and seeing the world through their eyes? It sounds creepy. It reminds me of what Rose was going through in the Vampire Academy series. I'm very curious as to how the author will execute this idea. I can't wait until it comes out.

4. Fracture by Megan Miranda

Coming back to life after having been dead for eleven minutes. Who doesn't want to read about that?

5. Above by Leah Bobet

I've always liked the idea of fairies and other winged creatures. You'd think I'd be all over books about these creatures, but for some reason none of the YA books on the subject have pulled me. This is the first one that I'm even remotely interested in. Actually I'm anxiously awaiting its release.


6. Glitch by Heather Anastasiu

*shudders This book features a world that I really wouldn't want to experience. At least not in reality. I would not want my mind to be controlled by a computer. It sounds horrible and therefore awesome.

7. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Like I said, anything that has to do with past lives, reincarnation, you name it, is a must-read for me. I expect nothing but awesomeness from this book.

8. When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen

First of all, I like the title and the cover of this book. And the synopsis is interesting. I'm not exactly sure what to expect but I just have to read it.


9. Velveteen by Daniel Marks

The first thing I thought about when I saw this title was The Velveteen Rabbit. Based on the synopsis I'd say that it doesn't have anything to do with that, but it still sounds like my kind of read. A girl stuck between life and death and her killer still on the loose? Yep, I think this is my kind of read.


10. Sweet Evil

OK, so I've heard a lot of bad things about angels. They don't exactly have a good reputation when it comes to YA books. But they're another kind of creature I love. I used to watch Touched by an Angel all the time when I was a kid. And the one YA Angel book I have read, Unearthly, was a really good read. Plus I can't ignore a synopsis like the one for this book. Sweet Evil, come out, come out (as soon as you can)!



1 comment:

  1. The Alchemy of Forever - I've never heard about this one! But it got me! I need to read it too! :) And Incarnate I've heard is so good! Can't wait for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...