1/2/12

Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011


I’m so excited to be participating in the Top 10 of 2011. It’s this wonderful meme hosted by Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books , Rachel from Fiktshun and Jaime & Patricia from Two Chicks on Books. I know I’m super late, but I just couldn’t resist. And I guess it’s better late than never. So get ready for five posts in one day, since I want to finish this before the day is over. The first topic is "Top 10 Books I've Read in 2011".

1.Divergent by Veronica Roth
For some reason I didn't think I’d love this book at all. I really didn't expect its awesomeness.But the moment I read it, I knew it was my favorite of 2011. The world the author created is so unique, so different. And I could not wish for a better protagonist. Even the supporting characters are well developed. But what I think really amazed me, was the message this book conveyed. It’s a message of empowerment, courage and hope. And it is beautiful.

2. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead 

I actually love the entire Vampire Academy series. But this one was indescribable. It actually made me cry. It was so heart wrenching, so tragic, even more so than the others. Honestly any book that can make me cry, I mean really cry, at separate moments throughout usually becomes a favorite. Unless the crying was because of how bad the book was. But that has never happened to me before.

3.My Soul to Keep by Rachel Vincent
Ugh, this book. I think this is the first time that an “ugh” is meant in a positive way. Nevertheless, it’s justified. This book was a roller coaster ride. (If you’re familiar with Rachel Vincent’s work, you know that that’s basically a given). This book was frustrating, surprising and outright shocking. But most of all, it found new ways to break my heart. It tore my heart right 
out of my chest, shattered it into tiny pieces and then had the nerve to hand it back to me in that state. But I loved every minute of it. Well, as much as you can love something like that.

For a while, I debated putting If I Die on this list instead of My Soul to Keep, because in some ways it was better. But I couldn’t, because I loved My Soul to Keep just a little more. I feel like it was a turning point for a lot of the characters and it was while reading My Soul to Keep that I really fell in love with Rachel Vincent’s writing.
(Plus I kind of spoiled If I Die for myself by devouring everything related to the book that came out in the period before its release date. I read between the lines (like every line possible) and when that didn’t satisfy me I got myself a magnifying glass. I’m glad to say that I’m very good at reading between the lines, but that really wasn’t beneficial to my reading experience of If I Die. *sigh)

4.The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
This book was all kinds of awesome. I actually loved the entire series, but this one remains my favorite. This series is beautiful. And tragic. And sad. I was afraid I’d run out of tears while reading it. Luckily my tear ducts could keep up. It was truly heartbreaking, but so worth it.

5.The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
I was in a reading slump when I started this series and I’ll be honest, I didn't expect much. But I guess that went for every book I picked up around that time. However, this book managed to get me out of my reading slump so fast, it almost made my head spin. I love both books and am anxiously awaiting the release of the third.

6.Significance by Shelly Crane
Oh, this book. I think I professed my undying love for it the moment I read the synopsis. And I was so right to do that. It was beautiful and exactly my kind of read.

7.Tempus by Tyra Lynn
I loved this book so much. I didn't completely know what to expect, but I had a feeling I would like it. And it was even better than I expected. The concept is familiar, yet so completely unique and different in the way it was done.*sigh. I can’t wait for the next installment!

8.Ripple by Mandy Hubbard
This book was just a really cute and sweet read. For some reason it stuck with me. I think it’s because of the characters. They really got to me. Cole and Lexi were so likeable and relatable.
And the story is so beautiful and heartbreaking.

9.Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn
This was such a sexy read. I've said written it before and I’ll say write it again. If you look up the words “hot” and “steamy” in the dictionary, it’ll refer you to this book. Need I say any more?

10.Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld #10) by Kelley Armstrong
Clay and Elena will forever remain one of my favorite book couples. They are like dynamite when put together and reading about them is always a pleasure. I think this book contains their best story yet.

What do you think of my list? And what are your favorite books of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...