1/30/12

Radiant Desire by Inara Scott






Synopsis
The object of every man’s fantasy just lost her wings…

Kaia Verde is one of the four Faerie Handmaids of
Zafira, Queen of the Fey. To redress an ancient wrong done to Zafira by a human king, the Handmaids make sport of mortal men, seducing and humiliating them. When Kaia sets out to seduce Garrett Jameson, but ends up being the one surrendering to pleasure, Zafira is furious. Kaia’s punishment is simple: make Garrett fall in love with her by the summer solstice, then break his heart, or face eternity without her wings—or her soul. To make the task harder, Zafira tells Kaia she 

cannot use her faerie magic or charm to lure Garrett into her bed.

…and now she’s losing her heart…

Kaia thinks her task will be relatively easy—as a faerie, she understands lust, and can love be much different? But once she is living among the humans, Kaia discovers the race she once disparaged is far more complex and beautiful than she imagined. She learns before she can break Garrett’s heart, she must find a way to heal it. And eventually, discovers that losing her wings may be a far easier price to pay than losing her heart.

What I think:
This book was amazing. It was so engrossing and sexy and just plain beautiful.

I’ve got to admit, I love fairies faeries. I’ve loved the idea of their existence ever since I saw a faerie movie when I was a kid. (And no, it wasn’t Peter Pan, although I do have a soft spot for Tinkerbell). But I’ve never really been attracted to faerie books. Maybe I was afraid of having my love for them ruined by a badly written book. Just as I normally shy away from reading angel and mermaid books. While I’m fascinated by these creatures, I rarely read books about them.

But whether my reluctance to read books about these types of creatures stems from my fear of being disappointed really doesn’t matter when it comes to this book. Because it was anything but badly written or disappointing.

The moment I read the blurb, I had a feeling I’d like it. And I was right. It was really sweet and gripping, kind of like a fairy tale for adults. Who knew those existed?

The story was told from the points of view of Kaia and Garrett and I loved it all the more for it. I loved Kaia (and I like her name). She was such a likeable, honorable character. And she really evolved throughout the book, from a sheltered, perceived-as-good-for-nothing-person to a strong, independent, loving character.
I also liked Garrett, he was stubborn and distrusting, but he had good reason to be and underneath that cool and composed, tough exterior he had a good heart.
The imp, Kaia’s watchdog basically, grew on me. He was funny and just made the book more interesting.

I also liked the Fey world the author created, although there wasn’t much of it. Maybe that’s also one of the reasons I liked this book. It combined reality seamlessly with fairy tale. They existed together and flowed into each other without feeling forced. And this book was such a page-turner. For a book without any actual action it was hard to put down. Once I started reading, I couldn’t stop. I just had to know how the story ended. And once I did, I had this dreamy smile plastered on my face (I think).*Sigh

I loved it. That is all.


5 Smileys


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...