1/7/12

Never to Sleep by Rachel Vincent










Synopsis
Don't Close Your Eyes. 

Sophie Cavanaugh is not going to let her freak of a cousin's strange psychiatric condition ruin high school for them both. Not after all the work she's put into cultivating the right look, and friends, and reputation. But then, Sophie sees something so frightening she lets out a blood-curdling scream—and finds herself stuck in a bizarre parallel world where nothing is safe and deadly creatures lurk just out of sight, waiting for her to close her eyes and sleep...forever. 

Could this world be real? Or does insanity run in the family...?



What I think:
I really liked this. Like all the books I’ve read by Rachel Vincent, this one was action-packed, breathtaking and shocking. My eyes were glued to the pages. I wouldn’t have been able to stop reading even if I’d wanted to.Rachel Vincent has the remarkable ability to make even a single sentence suspenseful or downright shocking.

So…Sophie, she was definitely a…different character. I’ll admit, while I was dying to read Sophie’s point of view of um…things, I was also worried that I wouldn’t like her as a narrator. And I still don’t like her. Actually I didn’t realize how much I loved Kaylee as a narrator until her “voice” and awesomeness weren't there.
But while I don’t like Sophie, at the same time I don’t hate her as much as I did or at least thought I did.

Sophie’s completely clueless and she isn’t the nicest of people. But while it puts me off a little, I also kind of like it. She’s not afraid to say what’s on her mind, to be who she is and I think that’s admirable. And every once in a while I think she channels a little bit of Kaylee’s awesomeness. Family resemblance maybe?

Oh, and Luca! Did I mention Luca? I definitely like him, no doubt about that. Is he or will he ever be as amazing as Tod? That’s yet to be seen. But there are other things of him that can be seen (or read) in this novella. Like him. Shirtless.  And that’s good enough for now. I wonder what brings him to Kaylee’s Sophie's part of town, though. Because I have a feeling he’s not just here for the scenery or the outstanding educational system.

What I can definitely say is that this novella gave me even more reason to pine for Before I Wake, as if I needed any. There are some very interesting revelations contained in this book that you won’t want to miss. Trust me.

4 Smileys


*Please note that Never to Sleep is a novella that is meant to be read after If I Die, the fifth full-length novel of the Soul Screamers series.



2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading this right now. I love the Soul Screamers series! It is so unique and different. Can I just say TOD!!! That is all I need to say :) :)

    New Follower :)
    <3 Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by and the follow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series and loved this novella! I want to just say TOD too! I LOVE HIM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, you guys! I like discussing books and movies and pretty much anything else, so feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...